Last updated on 15.09.2021
- The User unconditionally and entirely accepts the terms and conditions of the Policy as soon as they start using the Services. If the User disagrees with the Policy or with any of its terms and conditions, they are not entitled to use the Services. The User understands that only adult individuals can use the Services, and, therefore, when starting to use the Services, the User confirms that they have 1) attained legal age in accordance with the laws of the country of which they are a national, or 2) that the User’s agreement with the Policy is given with the permission and in the presence of the User’s parents or other legal representatives. Unless the User has not expressly agreed to the contrary, the Rights Holder proceeds on the basis that the User has reached the age of majority.
- Information the Rights Holder receives or may receive (hereinafter, “Information”).
- 2.1 The Information provided by the Users themselves, as well as by the Rights Holder’s certified partners whose information is available on the Rights Holder's website page https://partners.drweb.com/find_partner/ (hereinafter, "Certified Partners"), including when using the Services and creating accounts in the Services. This Information may include, for example, comments the Users made while using the Services and User contact information or personal data the User specified when registering or buying the Services. The Rights Holder does not verify the Information and proceeds on the basis that the Information provided by the User or the Certified Partner is reliable and up to date, and was obtained legally and with the User's consent. The Rights Holder is not liable for the consequences arising from being provided with unreliable or outdated Information.
- 2.2 The Information that is automatically transmitted to the Rights Holder by the User’s devices through the software installed on those devices while the User is using the Services. Such information includes, for example, the User’s IP address, cookie data, the contents and configuration of the User’s hardware and software, and information about the actions taken while the Services were being used.
- The Rights Holder’s purposes for receiving and processing the Information.
- 4.1 The Rights Holder receives and processes the Information needed to provide the Services, ensure the security of Users and its Services, monitor User compliance with Service usage rules, render Users technical assistance, provide services, develop and improve products and Services, and execute agreements. The Information is also used to collect and summarise statistics, conduct research, and to communicate and engage in other interactions with the User (hereinafter, "Interaction").
- 4.2 The User understands and accepts that Information about the composition and configuration of their hardware and software is needed in order for the Rights Holder to pinpoint any technical problems the User has experienced as a result of using the Services and to develop the most effective recommendations for eliminating such problems.
- 4.3 The User understands and accepts that when using the Services to upload files for online anti-virus scanning, the full path to the uploaded files on the User’s device is revealed to the Rights Holder. On the basis of the files and other data provided by Users, the Rights Holder has the right to generate signatures and data sets, which can later be stored and used in anti-virus databases. The User also understands and accepts that despite the fact that the Rights Holder uses secure protocols for receiving/transmitting data, the content of the files uploaded for online anti-virus scanning may be intercepted and read by third parties at the moment such files are uploaded (before the Rights Holder receives the files) without the User’s or the Rights Holder’s knowledge. Therefore, the Rights Holder is not liable for the safety of the information contained in files uploaded by Users for online anti-virus scanning.
- Personal data of the User — a natural person.
- 5.1. A prerequisite that must be met in order for Services to be provided to the User is that the Rights Holder must receive the User's personal data, and subsequently process it. The User gives their consent to having the Rights Holder process their personal data and perform the following actions with their personal data: it can be collected, recorded, used, copied, systematised, accumulated, stored, clarified (updated, changed, documented), extracted, transferred (distributed, provided, accessed), blocked, anonymised, deleted, cross-border transferred, and destroyed; and the actions listed above can also be carried out by means of automated processing.
- 5.2. The Rights Holder is the data controller. The User's personal data is collected by the Rights Holder and its affiliates in accordance with statutory principles relating to the processing of personal data. In some sources of application distribution (hereinafter, "Software") and third-party services, the Rights Holder may not be able to influence the process of sending the User's personal data to owners of such services and software distribution sources (for example, Google analytics, Google Play, Yandex Metrica, etc.). The User understands and agrees to have their data sent to owners of software distribution sources and third-party services.
- 5.3. The Rights Holder collects and processes only those personal data needed to perform contracts or agreements with the User, provide services and consultations to the User, provide technical support, provide Services and communicate with the User and other Interaction, and also for the purposes in clauses 5.3.1 and 5.5 of this Policy. For example, if the User contacts the technical support or emails it, the Rights Holder will process the data provided by the User during the processing of such a request. The Rights Holder does not collect or process personal data that is legally classified as “special categories of personal data”.
- 5.3.1. The Rights Holder processes the following User (natural person) personal data, which is provided by Users and Certified Partners when filling out the Rights Holder’s special forms:
- a) The User's full name — the Rights Holder needs this information to identify the User when providing the Services to the User, and to provide technical support to the User and for other purposes in accordance with clause 5.5 of this Policy;
- b) the User's email address — the Rights Holder needs it to communicate with the User when providing Services and technical support to the User, including in order to send the User service, advertising, and other informational emails in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy and other Interaction with the User, and other purposes in accordance with clause 5.5 of this Policy;
- c) the User's contact phone number — the Rights Holder needs it as an alternative method of communicating with the User in order to maintain Interaction with the User in the event the User makes errors when specifying an email address and to have an additional method of communication, including for sending information and advertising SMS messages to this number to identify the User in messengers and for other purposes in accordance with clause 5.5 of this Policy;
- d) the User's date of birth — the Rights Holder needs it to verify whether the User has reached the age of majority, to determine that the User is the owner of a commercial license—https://license.drweb.com/owner/, to ensure the User’s participation in promo events conducted by the Rights Holder, and to congratulate the User on their birthday, and for other purposes in accordance with clause 5.5 of this Policy.
- e) the User's gender and education are provided by the User when filling out the user profile form on the Rights Holder's website, optionally, on a voluntary basis (the ability to use the Services does not depend on the User providing this data), and the Rights Holder needs it solely to research and form a generalised user profile in order to improve the Services, and to advertise and promote the Services among potential users and other customers.
- 5.4. The Rights Holder, within its competence, takes the technical and organisational measures necessary and sufficient to ensure that the personal data of Users will not be made available to third parties without the User's consent and will not be deleted accidentally or as the result of illegal actions.
- 5.5. The purposes of processing the User's personal data are the purposes specified in clause 5.3.1 of this Policy, and also the following purposes:
- 5.5.1. to render services to the User, and to conclude and execute any contracts and agreements between the User and the Rights Holder,
- 5.5.2. to provide the User with consultations and/or technical support,
- 5.5.3. to provide Services to the User,
- 5.5.4. to communicate and for Interaction with the User, including as a user of the Dr.Web anti-virus software to ensure that the User's information systems are properly protected by the anti-virus,
- 5.5.5. to provide the User with informational materials on computer literacy issues,
- 5.5.6. to promote the Rights Holder's Services,
- 5.5.7. to provide reference information to the User and also to inform the User about the technical and functional characteristics of the Services,
- 5.5.8. to send advertising messages to the User (about new Services and updates to existing ones, notifications on promotions, offers to prolong or resume the Interaction and also to change the terms of such Interaction and other advertising messages) using the communication methods the User or Certified Partner provided, and their contact information.
- 5.6. The place that processes the User's personal data, regardless of where the User resides/stays, is the Rights Holder’s location—the Russian Federation. The legislation of the Russian Federation in the field of personal data protection may differ from the legislation of the country of the User's residence/stay.
- 5.7. The storage period for the User's personal data is equal to the period needed to execute contracts or agreements with the User, render services, consultations, and technical support to the User, and provide Services and additionally to the period determined by the Rights Holder’s internal regulations and needed to be able to inform the User about the technical and functional characteristics of the Services, and also send the User advertising messages (notifications and offers to prolong or resume the Interaction).
- 5.8. The User has the right to request from the Rights Holder information about the User's personal data being processed and to request to have their personal data clarified in the event it is inaccurate and also to delete and terminate the processing of their personal data.
- 5.9. The Rights Holder, upon receiving such requests, has the right to take the necessary actions and request, from the person who sent the request, the information necessary to verify that such a person is the subject of the personal data requested by him/her. This measure is aimed at protecting the User's personal data from being leaked to third parties and preventing third parties, including other Users, from attempting to gain access to the User’s personal data.
- 5.10. Due to the fact that personal data also statutorily includes data necessary for the technical identification of the User and necessary for using the Services of the Rights Holder, if the User sends a request to stop processing or delete their personal data, the contracts and agreements concluded with the User (and also other types of Interaction) cease to operate on the day that the User's personal data stops being processed or is deleted in connection with the User's voluntary will. The termination of contracts and agreements in connection with the User's voluntary will means that the User cannot use the Rights Holder’s Services from the date of such termination, and also that the Rights Holder has no obligation to compensate the User for the unused period of the agreement, contract or Services.
- 5.11 The Rights Holder has the right to transfer the Information to third parties, including to Certified Partners, in the cases specified below:
- a) the User has granted their consent for such action;
- b) the transfer is needed within the scope of a particular Service used by the User, or in order for the User to use the Services, or to provide services to the User. This includes but is not limited to investigating potential User violations;
- c) the transfer is stipulated by Russian or other applicable legislation under procedures established by the legislation;
- d) the transfer is needed to ensure the extension of the Users' rights to use the Services.
- 5.12 The User understands and accepts that the Rights Holder has the right to use the Information in the Services to contact the User and to use any comments posted by the User via the Services in the Rights Holder’s official social media groups and other communities of the Rights Holder's on the Internet.
- 5.13. The validity period of the consent the User gives to have their personal data processed by the Rights Holder in accordance with the terms of this Policy is unlimited; however, the User has the right to revoke this consent at any time by sending a written notice to the address 2–12a, 3rd Yamskoye Polye Street, 125124, Moscow, Russia, to Doctor Web, Ltd.—with a note: "Revocation of consent to have personal data processed". The revocation of consent to have personal data processed may also entail, in addition to the specified clause 5.10 of this Policy, the deletion of the User's account on the Rights Holder’s Internet site/sites, the impossibility of identifying such a person as the User, including as a Dr.Web user, which means that such a person cannot use Dr.Web anti-virus programs and receive technical support from the Rights Holder and/or from its Certified Partners.
- Other conditions.
- 6.1. The User, by accepting the terms of this Policy, directly and expressly agrees to receive advertising messages from the Rights Holder (about new Services and updates to existing ones, notifications on promotions, offers to prolong or resume the Interaction, and also to change the terms of such Interaction and other advertising messages) or by the Certified Partner—methods for communicating with the User and their contact details. At the same time, the User has the right to refuse to receive advertising messages by following the link in a given message or at any time in the User's personal account area on the Rights Holder's website.
- 6.2. The User understands that the information posted in the Services (except when it is directly indicated): is not an offer; it cannot be used in situations where there is the risk of a threat to the life and health of people and of any losses or damage (including, but not limited to, for the development of documentation and commercial offers, and for participation in tender procedures).
- The Rights Holder's contact information
Location: 2–12a, 3rd Yamskoye Polye Street, 125124, Moscow, Russia
PSRN 1047796021723 / TIN 7714533600